Thursday 27 September 2012

Hmmm...Not much happening here...We are having a Gorgeous weather still...They call it "Indian Summer". Temperatures are in mid 20s...Sunny...Can smell fall in the air...Leafs are slowly changing color...Evenings and mornings are chilly...I love this time of year...Feels cozy...

We went to farmers market today. Love it...I use to go with my mom all the time when I was little...We got zucchinis, carrots, squash, pears, parsley etc. Was looking for eggplant to make MY Eggplant Parmesan! (I say "My" because I invented a slightly different recipe...Instead of just eggplant slices...I add slices of zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes...made it the other day and it was De-licious! Couldn't find any eggplant....bummer.  Love seeing all the different kinds of people there as well...Young, older...kids...hippies...."organic" people I call them....You know long hair, no makeup, organic clothes wearing, totally natural type of people...It's a refreshingly colorful and vibrant atmosphere. There were also a few musicians today as well. They add a lot to the whole Farmers market "scene" Trying to eat healthier these last few weeks...More veggies and fruits and less meat and processed foods...It already feel great!

Sequoia is getting over her very 1st cold....she did great! Even when she is sick she is still smiley! She got crabby few times but that's understandable...Feeling much better now...

A friend sent me some photos of my parents! She was walking by their house and she snapped a few pics!
Im Not gonna put up those but here is a better one of my mom & dad!

Not the best quality but good enough. That's our famous Balcony!  And its famous because everyone LOVES coming for a visit and sitting there...Its on a main street, 1st floor of our building...Great location...It's just a great lil place! I use to jump off that balcony ...lol..just for fun...Or if forgot a front door key I'd climb in and wait for my parents there to come in and open the door, one time my dad and I painted it this dark gray color...We liked it but everyone else Not so much...so I see that they went back to nice yellow!....I can't wait to go there for a visit after all these years and to take Jeff and Sequoia w me and show there where I'm from!! Show them my Tuzla and whoooole Bosnia and croatian coast where we usualy go for our summer vacations! I know they will fall in love with it! You just can't describe it...you have to go there and  visit all the beautiful places, meet all the friendly people, taste the food, drink homemade rakija....(that's plum brandy!)

City of Tuzla - My home town
I wonder what  it will feel like to go back after more than 6 years...Hmmm....I'm sure it will be very emotional experience! Cant wait!! Fingers crossed we get to go sometime soon! Here are some more photos of my hometown...Enjoy!



 Here is what a fellow blogger wrote about Tuzla:
"We arrived to Tuzla by night, it was hot somewhere in the 30+ centigrade and as we drove through the streets I quickly came to realize what a lively and young city this was. Young people walking around, filling the streets & hanging out at local 'go to' spots. "Tuzla" is the Turkish name for salt and was given this name due to the tremendous amount of salt found underneath the city and is home to Europe's only salt lake (Pannonian Lake) which are frequented by some 100,000 people yearly. After Sarajevo and Banja Luka Tuzla is the third largest city within Bonia and Herczegovina with 120,000 inhabitants.
Years of extracting salt from underneath the city have made Tuzla's city center sink,  it is quite interesting to see when looking from up high. In the early morning hours on a small side street we walked to find farmers selling their produce on the street; fresh cheese, milk, tomatoes, cucumbers, all for very little. We purchased some fresh kajmak which is a delicacy made of milk fat (about 60%) and I don't think we could have been happier. Our days seemed to revolve around delicious food, good company, history and beautiful architecture things which we will never forget.
I also happened to breeze through on the hottest day through Hamet's Bazaar where I bought books by a local author Meša Selimović who was born in Tuzla as well as Ivo Andric and some others. I'm really excited to get into some reading on my train rides in the next few days. I hope you are enjoying these posts as much as I'm enjoying my time being a part of this amazing culture" 
Visit her blog here: http://fleurish-fleurish.blogspot.ca/2012/08/tuzla-by-day-tuzla-by-night.html





Love how this blog post took it's own turn...I had no clue what I wanted to write about...But I'm glad I got to show you a bit about where I am from.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...