Thursday 4 October 2012

I did it!

Long story short I've been Afraid of canning! 
I thought it's just too complicated, you have to add too many weird ingredients, takes forever to do...I always wanted to, but was too much of a wimp to do it...
So few days ago Jeff and I discovered this little plum tree...it was full of fruit, and we didn't want it to go to waste so we picked 2 bags of plums. 
I don't about you but I can't Eat that amount of plums in a short period of time! So naturally I decided that this will be the day when I will can something!...Plums! And so I googled a really easy plum recipe and did it! I only have 2 jars as I wanted to test it and see if I can do it right....And I did! 
Lids sealed, and everything! And not only that, I even made a little jar of plum Jam, GASP! 
I am so proud of myself right now! Canning Virgin No More! (photos coming when I get my camera back)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...