Tuesday 9 October 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving weekend was great! Friday was nice and relaxing...Did some errands in the morning and then Sequoia and I visited Crystal and Aluna in the afternoon....we had a nice chat over crackers with smoked oysters and Guinness...Yes, I said Guinness...I am as surprised! 
I am not a huge beer fan...I can have a few sips of some light beer here and there...but generally don't like the taste...Until I tried Guinness...the Darkest beer of all! Until then I thought that's gotta be the strongest, thickest....BEER-est beer out there and there is no chance in hell I would ever try it...
But on Friday I thought "Why not, I'm already eating smoked oysters, so what the heck, bring on the Guinness!" 
Long story short; I really liked it! It does not have the strong, sharp beer flavor like I thought...au contraire, it's very smooth and flavorful. So yeah, now I'm a Guinness drinking gal! Plus its good for you when you're breastfeeding!

Saturday morning we his some Yard Sales! Trying to squeeze a few more before winter.
Got some good stuff this time: pants, baby toys, oh a rebounder aka Mini Trampoline!! Apparently bouncing on it for 20 mins a day is the BEST workout you can possibly have! We got it for $5!!
How awesome is That! And I finally found my perfect house coat...It's dark gray (one of my fave colors!) Has a hoodie and is super soft! I am ready for cozy Winter mornings!

Saturday afternoon we went to Alisons for dinner! Ham, potatoes, mashed yams, stuffing, green beans were delicious!

Plan for today(Sunday) is to go get some fall decorations....Pumpkins, corn stalks etc and decorate outside...I already have an idea how!....and maybe play some tennis....watch a movie tonight...so we'll see that pans out...

Continued....

Yep Sunday we found this new U-Pick Pumpkin Patch! They even had corn stalks and gourds!
So we got our stuff and came back home to decorate....Here is what our front door looks like 


This is an old wicker rocking chair we found while out walking one night...I'm planning to spray paint it some funky color at some point, but they way it is now it's perfect for fall pumpkin display

On Monday afternoon we went to crystal's for a wonderful turkey dinner! Food was delicious....We played Cranium afterwards and had a blast!

Here is the sweetest moment I captured ...Sequoia was tired and she finally fell asleep in her daddy's arms....awww


Afterwards we went to visit Ross and Mary Anne...had some more turkey and stuff there...met whole bunch of nice people...They seemed to be fascinated by Jeff and my story...

And on our way back home from home we saw Northern Lights!! How awesome is that....That's my 2nd time Ive seen them....No spectacular colors ...But you could see this illuminated strip accros the sky...it was beautiful...

And that's it! That was our Thanksgiving weekend! Filled with family, good friends, good food, laughter....Good times!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...