Friday 12 October 2012

Indonesian Chicken-Lentil-Veggie soup

I have to write this recipe down so I don't forget how I made it. 
That's my problem when cooking...I usually make things up as I go, and use whatever I happen to have in the fridge/pantry but I don't write things down and can never remember how I made a dish we really liked....so now I'll be writing it down Here!

The only thing that makes this soup "Indonesian" is a Epicure spice...It's my Fave at the moment!
"Bring something truly unique to your next Asian-inspired meal with this blend of garlic, citrus, and chili flavors. Kosher/ No Sodium"

  • In a big soup pot brown some chicken in olive oil - can put whole pieces or diced 
  • Add onions, garlic, red bell pepper, carrots, zucchini - let it all cook in a covered pot
  • Add enough water to cover all the veggies and some salt
  • Add lentils and cook until it's done!
  • Add more water if needed
  • At the end chop some fresh dill and parsley and add to the soup
  • To finish add 1 tbs of flour to thicken it just a bit and that's it!
  • Oh yeah the most important thing - Add the Indonesian spice at any time!
Charger is still MIA so can't take any photos :'(

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...